Canon MP640 with bands

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello, I just installed a genuine OEM cartridges in my Canon MP640 and always I get images with bands, either glossy or matte paper. I made a printhead alignment but nothing.

If the original ink and the printer is new, where can be the problem? Can the printhead be wrong? What can I do?

I put the links in megaupload impressions to look bands:

Here
Here II

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
How does your nozzle check look? It sounds like you have some clogged nozzles.

Red John

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello, I have always printed with Ps CS4 and CS5. I tested with the Canon program called Easy-PhotoPrint EX and I don't get those bands.

As it appears that the problem I have it printing with Ps CS4 and CS5. In printer preferences I do is scale the image to fill the paper size. Can the problem be there?

Moreover, does anyone know if this MP 640 printer can use the scanner through the Wi-Fi?

Many thanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Red John said:
Hello, I just installed a genuine OEM cartridges in my Canon MP640 and always I get images with bands, either glossy or matte paper. I made a printhead alignment but nothing.

If the original ink and the printer is new, where can be the problem? Can the printhead be wrong? What can I do?

I put the links in megaupload impressions to look bands:

Here
Here II
Can you please upload your images to this website so that we can see them in the post instead of having to download them? And please save your scans as .png files so they won't lose any detail.