Canon MP610 Print problems

techmagic

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody can help me on this one. I've had a Canon MP610 for a couple years now - love it for our purposes. A couple weeks ago it just stopped working with a fault code (I forget - have to look it up if becomes really important) that I found out meant the print head needed replaced.

In the process of looking for that at a reasonable price - we learned that some of the causes may stem from using non-OEM ink - however, for the price difference and the amount of printing we got out of the original print head - it seemed to be worth it.

So I buy the new print head and replace it (with new/full ink cartridges).

Now - it behaves as though everything is fine - BUT - there is no ink actually printed. I try Black/white, color, test pages, and some of the menu based "alignment diagnostic" print methods. Always the same - feeds paper, moves the print head back and forth - just no ink.

Any ideas on what to do next are appreciated.

P

printfan1138

Last time I saw that on a printer it was telling me that the printer has a full ink tank which is just the ink pads. When they reach a certain level of saturation the unit will not print, the idea being that if allowed to print it would short out or mess up the area under the printer as the ink overflowed. Most people say that the first time this happens just reset the code and the way to do that can be found usually on the help section of the printer manufacture's web site. Eventually however it really will overflow unless an inktank is installed but that might be a year from now! None of this has anything to do with the type of ink used or the head so keep your old head as a spare it's probably fine. Hope that helps, Printfan1138!