Canon MP600 U052 Error

JDS145

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello. I have a Canon PIXMA MP600 multifunction device. I have an error code "U052" on the device. I understand that means the printhead is not communicating with the printer. Before I spend about $50 on a non-returnable replacement printhead, I would be grateful if someone could let me know if there is a way to confirm whether it is the printhead, and not another part (like the logic board), that is malfunctioning, and whether, if it is the printhead, there is a way to reset or otherwise fix the chip on the printhead to avoid spending money on a new one? Many thanks.

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
The cost of a MP600 is well over $100. If I were you I would go ahead to get a new print head for $50 and find out if it fixes the error. If it does not then I will buy another MP600 and have two new print heads on hand. It is rather unlikely that your old MP600 is defective and kills your new print head. If it does let the new print head kills the next new MP600. The new MP600 would be under warranty still and Canon would replace it for you. By then you will have one brand new MP600 with two brand new print heads. You really have nothing to lose. Of course you need to really love your MP600 and you are willing to put more money into it. That's the cost of a new MP600 plus $50 for a new print head. You can sell one of the new print head if you don't need a spare and get your $50 back.

JDS145

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't love it THAT much! I will buy a less expensive replacement printer if necessary. Before deciding whether to buy a new printhead or a new printer, it would be helpful to be able to know for certain whether, as you suspect, the printhead is the malfunctioning part.