Canon MP600 error: Windows - No Disk

fazd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
After 2 years without faltering now when switched on Canon MP600 causes window error: "Windows - No Disk" and will not print or scan. Error message will not respond to command buttons cancel/try again/continue. When this happens PC will not respond to any commands until printer switched off and error message box can then be closed.

I have deleted all drivers and reinstalled using latest version from Canon site with no improvement. PC is running Windows XP with all SPs installed.

Please, any help/suggestions welcome
Fazd

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
fazd
You could try to use system restore and go back to a time you know that your printer was working on your computer.
Another thing I can suggest you do is to connect your printer to another computer and see if you get the same response..:)

fazd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks Hat. I also got a response from Canon Technical Support, as follows:

This issue is normally caused by Antivirus Software interfering with the driver. Please try disabling Antivirus software and try again. It can also be a fault with your Operating System software that would need to be looked at by an IT Tech.

My Antivirus AVG did a large update 3 days ago so based on both lots of advice I did a System Restore that predated that event and printer now works. AVG is currently trying to update again. Now I know how to fix the problem I will allow the update to go ahead just to confirm it was the antivirus program. If so I will notify AVG that there is a bug in their latest update.

Fingers crossed, thanks again;)