Canon MP560 Borderless Printing Probs (and Margins) & Color Bands

Pixelanna

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Once upon a time and several years ago, a paper arts aficianado bought a wonderful Canon Pixma ip 4000. Several Print heads later it still works fine, thankyouverymuch. She uses her Pixma to make bookmarks and other paperarts, using a great inkjet cardstock from Adorama, and third party cartridges. Borderless printing is a snap.

A few weeks ago she decided that a wireless printer would be nice. Having read that the chip setting snafu for newer Canon printers had been solved last year, she decided to buy the all-in-one Canon Pixma MP560. She proudly added the printer to her network. Now, she decides to print a test of her borderless bookmarks, and the artwork was cut off on the page bottom, and exited the printer with a darker band of color on top. This never happened with the old Pixma ip 4000. Even in the previews the artwork is shown to have jumped down the page, cutting off a few inches on the bottom. This also happened printing with margins.

I really love the new MP560 wireless feature, and it would be a shame to have to relegate the printer to mundane tasks like tax returns and coupons.

Thanks for your assistance.

Pixelanna

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I sure hope you haven't gotten rid of your iP4000. You can always buy a wireless print server to plug into it and make it into a wireless printer.

If I were you, I'd do that and take the MP560 back to where you got it for a full refund.