Canon MP530 Possible EPROM problem??

Tobin Antpusat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP530
Hello All,
I have tried everything I can find in these posts to clear my U052 error on my MP530. I replaced the print head and replaced all cartridges with new OEM. Nothing has cleared the error. Is there a next step?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Here is what the Canon forum had to say about this: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/P...pped-working-with-an-error-message/td-p/13129

Typically a new print head resolves this error. Where did you get the print head? Is it new or refurbished. Ones from China nowadays can look like new but may not be.

Clean the contacts in the printer and on the print head with isopropyl alcohol and a lint free cloth or use a soft pencil eraser.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@stratman The Canon link shows an excellent instruction with animated GIF's for removing and replacing a Canon print head. Thank you very much for that link. It is much easier to link than to describe the procedure in my own words, and not using too many words. :)

@Tobin Antpusat When a Canon print head fails there is a risk that it will damage the logic board, and a logic board damaged this way can damage a new print head. So replacing a defective Canon print head is a gamble, and sadly I cannot give you odds for success.

Last edited: