Canon MP210 Performs & Is Refillable

EASteadman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Quite frankly, all you guys and gals had me worried. First, I was told that you could refill Canon Ink Cartridges and I had been in contact with Canon who wrote me that they did not now or have any future plans to prevent their customers from refilling ink cartridges, even though they frowned upon it.

Later, after I made my purchase of the MP210, I start reading in this forum that people are running into the same hurdles over Ink Refilling that Lexmark and others have forced upon their customers. Upset was a mild word for what I was beginning to feel. I read and reread everything I could that was out on the Internet and some of the tactics touted had me dizzy and frustrated.

After quite a rant and rave, it dawned on me, what does the manual say? There is was, right on page 45 under "Ink Has Run Out", "If printing is in progress and you want to continue printing, press the Stop/Reset button for at least 5 seconds with the ink cartridge installed. Then printing can continue under the ink out condition. The function for detecting the remaining ink level will be disabled."

After refilling the cartridge, that is exactly what I did. Order a print and when the program balked, I pressed the Stop/Reset button for 5 seconds. It printed and then some time later, up popped a message akin to those that Lexmark used to throw at me. But, this time, I just reached over and pressed the Stop/Reset button for another 5 seconds and WHALLA, I've printed another 41 pages of graphics without another notice (except for the "ink is low, check ink levels" on the copy status while it's printing).

So, on the short side, I am a Happy Camper. I have a brand new copier that only cost me $58 at Wally World (only $6 more than I paid for that HORRIBLE Lexmark) and I can make as many copies as I want without fear of going without something to eat the rest of the month.

mikey78

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i use a canon mp210 printer for testing all my reman 40s and 41 carts. when i refill them the second time back, they do not respond . any virgin carts work fine recycled dont at all. any comments on why this is happening? its like theres a little bug inside saying this cart is recycled so im not gonna print. any suggestions??

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Do not test in your printer after refilling, only test in the printer it came from (Refill and give back to the same client with a guarantee). There have been quite a few problems from other people in our industry, in regards to these cartridges. So far, the only solution that seems to work, is the one above.

joannelzj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an MP210 printer, have some questions.

is there any cheaper alternatives to replace the ink cartridge? from what i have found, neither calidad nor techworks has ink for MP210. so the only ink replacement is from canon itself??

The printer came with a cartridge 37 ink, calidad has a refill for cartridge 40, is it possible to buy the refill for 40 to put into 37? the refill i am talking about here is those that has a needle and to refill into the cartridge, it does not come as a cartridge itself but somewhat like a bottle of ink.

i am actually sourcing for cheaper ink refills/ replacement for this printer cause the orignal ink replacement is too expensive. (35 for cart 40 and 27 for cart 37) HP and epson has cheaper alternatives like calidad and techworks which prints equally good and the price difference is really alot.

do enlighten me!! :)

thanks so much!

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The ink for the PG-40 is the same for your cartridge PG-37, I believe the 40 is a higher yield cartridge, hence the different cartridge number.

joannelzj

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
so the ink refill for the cart 40 should be able to be used for cart 37 right? like im able to refill the ink that is meant for cart 40 for my cart 37? (the refill box writes its for cart 40, but never write that its for cart 37, thats why im worried it will spoil my cart 37)
thanks!

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
They are the same cartridge, with the same ink, just different reference numbers (cartridge number) and different ink volume, the PG-40 has more ink than the PG-37.

The Canon Pixma MP210 Photo printer uses 2 separate cartridges - a black cartridge, code PG-37 bk or a high capacity cartridge PG-40 bk and a colour Cartridge, code CL-38 Colour or a high capacity cartridge CL-41 Colour )

aldald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have Canon Pixma MP210.
It dave me message that the colir ink is low, I refilled the color cartridge cl-38. When I stared to print (photoes) the images became striped.
I made cleanining of the color cartridge, and nozzle check - everyting seems ok, but when I tried to print photoes(on a plain and a glossy paper), the image came out in stripes again.
What should I do?
Please help me!

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You may have air lock, the colour cartridges need to be primed before using again, if it was run empty, or run to low.

aldald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
tigerwan said:
You may have air lock, the colour cartridges need to be primed before using again, if it was run empty, or run to low.
And what should i do now in this case?