canon mp180 stops at language option *english when I switch on

ethenum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a multifunction Canon MP180 and it is since 2 days that when I switch on the printer it shows only the language settings optio on english and does not respond any more. I can only shut down. I have tried the setters like MPTool but nothing.I tried to get it resetted in Sevice Mode and in Low Mode but perhaps nothing.

Please can any one of you help in this!!

Thanks to all!

ethenum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is there anybody helping me??

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have not seen this problem before. Have you contacted Canon support for help?

ethenum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
yes I contacted, but as my printer is out of garanty, they does not provide any help.

ethenum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I do not understand why it not accept any button. it stops there as it wants you to accept English as choosen language but it doesn't respond when pressing OK button or any other button.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your problem is or which language you want to use, but it is worth uninstalling (not just deleting) your printer driver.

See if there is an updated driver with your preferred language and Operating System on the canon site, download it, and re-install it.

It's worth a try.

ethenum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes I have done it but nothing happens. I thing that the problem consists in the EEPROM Chip of the printer. It has nothing to do with the computer. The only problem is that when I switch on it doesn't permit me to do nothing. No signal it is like dead.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Are you getting the message on your printer or on your computer? Is the printer even connected to your computer?

ethenum

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm getting the message on my printer. yes the printer is connected to the computer, but it doesn't have problems with computer.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I take it that the same thing would happen if the printer were not connected to the computer, correct?

It sounds like no amount of button pushing after the question comes up has any effect, correct?

You mentioned MPTool and trying things in service mode. Can you explain in detail what happens when you turn the printer on. Does it allow you to go into service mode before the language question comes up or after?

Have you tried holding various combinations of buttons in while you turn the power on? Sometimes, devices have a built-in reset function that is activated by doing this. However, they may have other functions so you have to be careful when experimenting with these kinds of things.