canon MG8120 question

congaman59

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixima MG8120
I have read on this forum that Canon doesn't work well with CIS units. Well I'm sorry to hear that cause I'm tired of paying $85.00 a pop to refill my printer, buying the carts from Canon. Is there another option at this point? What about using refillable carts?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
congaman59 I have read on this forum that Canon doesn't work well with CIS units.
CISS on a Canon works if you are prepared to work with it all of the time.
There easy to set up and hard to maintain long term and the best advice is not to go there.
Nobody is against a CISS on a Canon but they are really only economical if you do high volume printing.

A much better way to save your dollars is to refill your OEM cartridges with some good quality inks.
You say youre tired of buying Canon cartridges, there is no need any more as they can be refilled
time and again with savings of 80% and more on your printing.

It costs about the same for a refill set up as it does for a CISS unit but much more enjoyable and a lot less hair pulling.
This forum has so much friendly advice on refilling for the would be newbies like yourself
and will provide you with ongoing assistance till you are a competent refilling expert..:)