Canon MG3250 printing double vision

BrokenCanon

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3250
Hi,

I have a Canon MG3250 and currently having an issue with printing.
When I print a word document (all black text, no images) it's printing double vision.

I have done a few deep cleans and head alignments in the settings which 'kind' of fixed the issue.. It fixed the double vision issue but now has a faded line straight down the middle of the page.

I turned my printer off and back on and now I'm back to the whole double vision issue again.. Any ideas?

To summarize: Printer printing double vision and when fixing double vision issue, printing blank (white) line down the middle of the page.

All help is much appreciated!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Could you please upload scans or photos of a nozzle check and text documents showing the "double vision" and the white stripe. Windows printer test page is a good text document for this purpose.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Probably a dirty timing strip affecting bi-directional printing. Try wiping it carefully with windex-soaked tissue...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think turbguy's idea sounds plausible, so I also suggest to clean the timing strip. Windex is hard to find in Europe but another window cleaner with ammonia should work just as well.

Here is a thread about a similar problem also with an MG3250. Cleaning the timing strip helped in this case.