Canon Mg 6250 To The Recycle Bin?

sunlooksgreen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6250
I put OEM cartridges back today, did the normal (not deep) cleaning cycle like 8 times..and no improvement..white horizontal lines keep appearing, mostly on the lighter patches

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You nozzle checks looks fine to me except for a few bits missing in the PGBK black.

Normally if you leave the printer off for a while then these missing segments can come back working again.

But if you need to clean the print head then let the printer do it for you,
use just a normal head clean on either the colour or black side of the head or both if necessary,
it’s not necessary to take it out and clean it manually yourself.

Proper quality inks will normally keep your print head from clogging up all the time
but if you are still having problems (Clogs) with your pigment black then put the photo black ink (PB)
into the large cartridge in place of the pigment (PK) black.

sunlooksgreen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6250
Thank you for all the help, just ordered new ink and will keep in mind the guidelines you gave me!

sunlooksgreen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6250
Hello again,

Just received my octoinkjet set. Took the printhead out and cleaned it based on a mixture of distilled water and ammonia. Put it back with a set of OEM recycled cartridges and....the gray nozzle check doesn't work. If i do a cleaning cycle and print nozzle check nothing comes out of grey; if i let it rest for 1 day and then print nozzle check, grey comes back, although not completely (see attached img) As soon as I do another cleaning cycle, grey disappears. I tried yesterday with a brand new OEM grey cartridge, same result!!

Does anyone know what's going on here? Please help as I already put down over 100€ on the whole and I am a little discouraged to say the least..
1day_rest.jpg
after cleaning cycle.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The first problem I can see and say is your not listening and taking the advice your been offered, LIKE.

Your were asked not to try and clean your print head outside your printer
but to let the machine itself take care of that for you,
again you went and cleaned it yourself, ?

Your previous nozzle check here in post #5
167-52678a0f813c3cefa1c8f9fbabfc4119.jpg

was almost perfect and improving,
you also need to dramatically cut down on the amount of normal head cleans you’re doing also.

Now onto your cartridges,
what do you mean by recycled OEM cartridges can you explain which type ?.

Because it is vital when reusing OEM carts that they should to be washed and dried
before adding in any new inks,
this is to insure a good and uninterrupted ink flow at all times when in use.

Your current nozzle print shows up the grey ink problem very well,
you’re having a cartridge problem and not a print head problem at all,
so you’re wasting all you ink doing unnecessary head cleans that won’t solve anything.

We have no idea the state of the other cartridges but your grey cartridge is definitely
suffering from poor ink flow (Ink starvation) and it needs to be purged of ink,
dried, reset and refilled before you can use it properly again.

When you’re doing anything with a cartridge always put another (Old) cartridge
into its place to prevent the inlets on your print head from drying up,
or even use a couple of drops of water.

A Question for you that I am curious about: -
what are the 901-950 codes on the bottom of your nozzle prints, can you explain then please ?

sunlooksgreen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6250
The oem recycled cartridges are the ones oktoinkjet supplies (I guess they were properly taken care)

I agree it looks more like an ink starvation problem, but the fact I tried yesterday with 2 NEW OEM grey cartridges and got the same result makes me wonder ??

As for the codes, I have no idea, seems to refer to printed pages..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The oem recycled cartridges are the ones oktoinkjet supplies (I guess they were properly taken care)

I agree it looks more like an ink starvation problem, but the fact I tried yesterday with 2 NEW OEM grey cartridges and got the same result makes me wonder ??

As for the codes, I have no idea, seems to refer to printed pages..
If you have purchased used empty OEM cartridges it would be prudent to purge them
before use because of their unknown history, regardless of where they came from.

What did you do about exchanging the chip you never said , do you use a chip resetter ?

These codes are not what I expected to see and they are still bothering me
because they don’t make sense..

sunlooksgreen

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6250
Yes I used the resetter that came with the ink pack, but from the moment i tried NEW OEM cartridges and keep getting the same result I see no interest on checking chips and improve recycling procedure

Leeloy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP7210
Yes I used the resetter that came with the ink pack, but from the moment i tried NEW OEM cartridges and keep getting the same result I see no interest on checking chips and improve recycling procedure

You could solve? I have the same problem on my MG6210 (Brazil).

PS: Sorry for English using Google Translator.

Ant

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6220
If you have purchased used empty OEM cartridges it would be prudent to purge them
before use because of their unknown history, regardless of where they came from.

What did you do about exchanging the chip you never said , do you use a chip resetter ?

These codes are not what I expected to see and they are still bothering me
because they don’t make sense..
Don't worry about those page counts The Hat I have them on my nozzle checks its nothing to worry about.
I think he probably has air in his print head of parking pad contamination.