Canon MG 6150 is printing strips only on coloured parts.

szorek

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma MG 6150
Hi guys. I'm using my Canon MG6150 printer for over two years. So far everything was perfect. Two weeks ago i totally lost yellow color. I decided to clean the printhead using hot water and diluted alcohol. When cleaning I separated the ceramic part with nozzles from the plastic housing. Checking nozzles against the light I was very happy of cleaning but not for so long. When I put everything back together yellow colour returned but now I'm getting very strange nozzle check pattern. As black color is 99% perfect all other colors got crazy. Auto head alignment is not bringing any results !!! Manual head alignment is very hard to set. Is the printhead damaged? Please see all attached pictures. Please help.:(
Nozzle check pattern.jpg Head alignment value.jpg Printhead test 1.jpg Printhead test 2.jpg Printhead test 3.jpg Printhead test 4.jpg Printhead test 5.jpg Printhead test 6.jpg Printhead test 7.jpg Picture.jpg

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Printhead cleaning is done by soaking the head in a few mm's of liquid (hot water with alcohol is a good start, a few drops of ammonia or window cleaner helps).
Only in desperate cases you may open the head.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
One thing to check is that the gold contacts on the print head and printer are clean of ink and oxidation. I doubt this is your issue but it is easy and quick to check.

Unfortunately, it appears your print head has been damaged during your cleaning process and you will need a new print head. The risk is very high for fatally damaging print heads by taking them apart. As forum member @palombian said, print head cleaning of clogs with soaking in a solution is preferable. Ultrasound is generally to be avoided as is taking the print head apart except as last ditch effort.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ditto
Your efforts to save the head were going very well and might have proved fruitful but once you took the print head apart I reckon you had lost all of your gains and the results are now plainly obvious to see.

As @palombian has pointed out opening the print head is a gamble that is only advisable when all else fails and you have nothing to lose, so now the only option open to you is a new print head, sorry..