Canon Maxify MB2320 Error Code 5207

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
In my (rather long) experience I must agree the printhead is very different indeed (as been explained by @Artur5 some time ago).
It is quite resistant to mistreatment (the nozzles do not burn so fast, they even seem to regenerate after some time) as long as you use appropriate inks (and print regularly).
Sadly enough none of the 3th party ones I tried (or genuine Canon ink from large format printers - except for BK) were satisfying.
I use now the GI-56 bottles intended for the refillable versions with acceptable results (although I still struggle with cross contamination when the ink level in the carts differs too much).
Due to the internal ink reservoirs manual cleaning by removing the head is not very effective, I use the regular cleaning functions.

Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
In my (rather long) experience I must agree the printhead is very different indeed (as been explained by @Artur5 some time ago).
It is quite resistant to mistreatment (the nozzles do not burn so fast, they even seem to regenerate after some time) as long as you use appropriate inks (and print regularly).
Thanks for your input on that.

Sadly enough none of the 3th party ones I tried (or genuine Canon ink from large format printers - except for BK) were satisfying.
I use now the GI-56 bottles intended for the refillable versions with acceptable results (although I still struggle with cross contamination when the ink level in the carts differs too much).
As for inks, when you say with the compatible (and harvested large format inks) none were "satisfying" was that due to the colour rendition (presumably without profiling) or issues with clogging, etc..?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thanks for your input on that.

As for inks, when you say with the compatible (and harvested large format inks) none were "satisfying" was that due to the colour rendition (presumably without profiling) or issues with clogging, etc..?
Since I use the printer only for office documents I don't care about exact colours (although with the original inks I printed very nice photo's as a test).
The (large format) C and Y did it good a long time without clogging (for one or another reason the Octopus office M was OK), but after the GI-56 bottles came out I switched over (cheaper too).
Large format MBK was a disaster but BK performs flawlessly.
I use autoreset chips and refill when the printer marks empty and releases the cartridge. It doesn't retract as with some other canon printers so you have plenty of time to refill. And you know how much ink is in, unlike the fiddling to refill all together.
Probably this purges more ink (but it is good for regular printhead cleaning - and maybe even designed that way).
I didn't arrive at full purge pads yet (over 10K pages now), but the counter is resettable and the purge tube easy accessible for an eventual potty.

Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The (large format) C and Y did it good a long time without clogging (for one or another reason the Octopus office M was OK), but after the GI-56 bottles came out I switched over (cheaper too).
Large format MBK was a disaster but BK performs flawlessly.
Did you ever play with the Inktec Maxify inks (C5000)? Understand your decision to work with the GI-56 inks though.

Probably this purges more ink (but it is good for regular printhead cleaning - and maybe even designed that way).
I didn't arrive at full purge pads yet (over 10K pages now), but the counter is resettable and the purge tube easy accessible for an eventual potty.
I've been considering supporting the process for Maxify with some instruction videos but I don't have any more space to bring in printers until I clear out at least 10 of the 40 or so I have sitting around here. Sounds like it'd be worth the effort even if Canon is playing silly sods with the parts availability.

Thanks for the intel.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I've been refilling the black carts with Inktec since I purchased my first Maxify years ago. Never a problem with clogs or anything, unlike the cyan cart on my first printhead and the yellow on the second.
The reason of the issues with cyan and yellow OEM ink it's probably not Canon's fault but the fact that I use the printer for black text 95% of the time and the CMY colors are underused. Nevertheless, Inktec black ink for Maxify had served me well for almost five years.