Canon Matte cheap on Amazon right now

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
It's an "Add on" bargain. Spend $35 - which usually gets you free shipping anyway - and you can get a box or any number of them, of Canon's base matte paper, 50 sheets, for $4.44. Less than half of the Canon price.

I've just run a heck of a lot of prints on it that I will use them to show people my content for some displays, events, and perhaps collectors. And you know what? Perfectly good images on a knock about, "every day" paper.

The only downside is that this is the first Canon paper I've used that didn't watermark the back side. And it's the first one tht NEEDS to do so! The instruction sheet says to print on the whiter side. Well, thanks for that! Barely any difference.

What I did was once I was positive of which side was which, I wrote on the cello wrapper Back and Front. Then carry carefully to your printer!

Anyway a hell of a deal.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Paul - That is a good deal. A suggestion - watch Staples ads for their photo supreme double sided matte paper when it is on sale. Usually $2 - $3 per 50 page package and prints very good images on both sides. You have to play the rebate game, but it is now done online with no need to mail in a receipt. It used to be $1 after rebate and unlimited so I laid in a dozen packs. Now they limit the number of packs per person.

I signed up to get their ads online as there are some specials that require a coupon that is only available from their online ad.

Paul Verizzo

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon ip4500, 9000 MK II, PRO-
Paul - That is a good deal. A suggestion - watch Staples ads for their photo supreme double sided matte paper when it is on sale. Usually $2 - $3 per 50 page package and prints very good images on both sides. You have to play the rebate game, but it is now done online with no need to mail in a receipt. It used to be $1 after rebate and unlimited so I laid in a dozen packs. Now they limit the number of packs per person.

I signed up to get their ads online as there are some specials that require a coupon that is only available from their online ad.
Heck of a deal, there! I presume that the Staples product is simple coated paper vs. microporous photo for the Canon. Nothing wrong with that, if you understand the different intended uses.

I wrote a thread here not long ago about Royal Brites double sided matte. Wonderful, wonderful stuff. Then when I opened my next box, a different product. More like just a card stock, some edges rough, not as sharp in the printed image.

Sounds like your product should be my replacement for RB.