Canon Ix6850 - Pigment ink alignment problem?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have been using "InternetINK" as my supplier but after my recent experience I will now definitely change to another supplier.
One way to look at this is you got 4 years of use from your printer. Maybe the ink you've been buying is OK. Maybe a better quality third party Pigment Black ink in prefilled cartridges is easily available to you. Others will need to advise you. Maybe you can bypass the guess work and just use OEM Pigment Black. Choices!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Yes and no is the answer about the compatible ink that @Seniorshot was using, yes, they probably did cause the problem in the pigment nozzles, but it did take 4 years, so I’d say no, because it may have been something else too.

Getting good compatible ink in aftermarket cartridge is not as easy as it used to be, so I reckon the type he is using is as good as any other, but when he gets a new head he need to start with all new cartridges from whatever source...

We all know that aftermarket cartridge suppliers never have good pigment ink in their cartridges which can lead to many problems later...