CANON iPixima1000 Black Printing Problem : Horizontal White Lines :(

East17

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ok ... here's my problem:

6611_printer_check_ip1000_-_2_mod.jpg

1)The print head had been cleaned in special antistatic solution. The method is just sinking the printhead part in 2 or 3 millimeter deep printer head cleaning solution.

2)The color part is printed perfectly.

3)The black part is printed perfectly except some horizontal areas that are PERFECT WHITE while the black rows are PERFECT BLACK. The ink is not less or light ... there is simply no ink .. in a perfect horizontal WHITE line. The black rows are PERFECT BLACK .... they aren't inconsistent or lighter ... they are perfect black .

How is this possible? It can't be that ALL the print nozzles in one area are COMPLETELY CLOGGED .... why would they be clogged so "perfect" while all the upper ones print perfect ?

What should i do ?

I did the cleaning AFTER leaving the print head immersed in the cleaning solution for 6 or 7 hours straight. But no change :(

Could be that some nozzles are "burnt" and won't open / squirt ink anymore ?

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Appears to be an electrical problem with the printhead or supporting electronics to me....anyone else??

Wayne

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Almost aways, when exactly half of the nozzles don't print, it's an electrical problem in the print head and cannot be fixed except by purchasing a new print head. On rare occasions, it could be an intermittent connection on one of the electrical contacts on the back of the print head but if you have already removed and reinstalled the print head, that is probably not a factor.