Canon iPF6100 large format printer; hardware failure 2F26

jody_surfs

Print Lurker
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Printer Model
Canon iPF6100
Hi!

I recently acquired a used Canon iPF6100 large format printer for free. The previous owner said it hadn't been used in a year but that it was working before. When I first started the printer, it would basically get through its boot sequence and then immediately display "hardware failure 2F26".

After some research, I believe the fault is due to "If the motor could not be run at all or has resulted in an error after moving by a slight distance: A. A mechanical load error may be suspected." I bought some fine mechanical lubricant and lubed the drive shaft. Now the carriage moves a small amount at start up but still gives this error.

Does anyone have experience or ideas on what else I can do to repair?

Thank you!
 
Can you move print head by hand? Printer shafts use special oil/grease do not use any sort of grease. Look at service manual.
 
Back
Top