Canon Ip8750 nozzle check two lines on Black

Timtog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
I have a Canon ip8750 and when I do a nozzle check I am getting two lines on the back ink. I have done a number of nozzle head cleans, and automatic print head alignment and also brought a IUBEST 100ml Printhead Cleaning Kit ( I don't know how good this product is for cleaning heads) which I slowly injected into the problem nozzle left it overnight, then a head clean but no difference. not worse no better. Do you think it could be the print head on the way out or a stubborn dried ink. I am not sure whether to take the head out and soak it in a container with the head cleaning fluid for 24 hrs or I even saw a youtube video of running the head under warm water and until it the water out the heads runs clear and leave the head to fully dry before putting back. Any advice would be grateful
Thank you

Attachments

• Nozzle check 24-10-22.jpg
    Nozzle check 24-10-22.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Nozzle check 24-10-22 Cropped.jpg
    Nozzle check 24-10-22 Cropped.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 100

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any advice would be grateful
First of all slow down a bit, you imagine it’s your print head that’s at fault here, but it may not be, what kind of carts and inks are you using, OEM or Compatible carts, because that has as much bearing on your situation as anything else..

Your trying to much too soon and all you’ll do is end up doing is damaging the head with your excessive head cleaning..

What I’d suggest is getting a new OEM black cart and then running a dozen test prints and see if your nozzle check improves, the issue you have is not that serious to cause very much problems for now.. Patience is your best friend here..

Timtog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Thank you for your reply, I am using compatible carts and have and have been using these ones since June this year
I have got another make of compatible cart in black that I have not used before, is it worth trying that or go straight for a OEM ink cartridge

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have got another make of compatible cart in black that I have not used before, is i
No don’t try the other compatible cart, get an original Canon cart and ink, because if there is dried ink inside the nozzles the OEM ink will clean it out much better than anything else.

It’s a bit ironic that OEM inks work better than any other cleaner, because its Feckin expensive stuff..

Timtog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Ok thank you will give that a try in the morning and report back

Timtog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
Got the OEM Black ink delivered today, the printer did a clean when I installed it and then I did a deep clean on colours, attached is the Nozzle check and a closer look at the black,

OEM 6th Nov 2022.jpeg

OEM BK 6-11-2022.jpeg

Last edited:

Timtog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip8750
It looks like you’re a happy camper now, good luck… :thumbsup
No the lines are still there in the black can you see the lines in the Close up of the nozzle print

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Sadly this is a typical failure of this generation of printheads. It is claimed by some to be caused by an aftermarket ink with wrong cooling properties. You cannot clean this error away. Only a new printhead will cure the error. Here is a thread about a similar problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
can you see the lines in the Close up of the nozzle print
O’ yes I can see them, but they have reduced significantly enough for you not to noticed them in your prints, its either that or a new head.. See post #9 above for the cause..
P.S. they may clean up even further..