Canon IP6700D printing problems

artise

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My printer has suddenly started pulling the paper through incorrectly and will catch and fold over the corner on one side of the paper. I have to stand by the printer and make sure the paper stays in place but it still pulls it through and bends the corner so the paper looks terrible. I have not changed paper types. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
thanks

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Usually, this means that some foreign object is impeding the paper from being pulled through. I have found in people's printers small pieces of styrofoam, paper, a piece of rubber, and even a wooden match. Try to blow it out with a vacuum cleaner.

If that does not work, carefully hold the printer upside down and try a few gentle shakes just to see if a screw has come loose...I've seen that twice.
You might be able to dislodge it that way.

Good luck....and please post what you find.

artise

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well blew it out and shook it out and nothing came out. Seems very clean inside. I wondered if a roller needs some kind of special cleaning or something.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Try to feed some heavy paper 300gsm or something. This might remove the foreign object.

artise

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is there any chance the little rubber roller needs to be cleaned. If so how do you do that?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
artise said:
Is there any chance the little rubber roller needs to be cleaned. If so how do you do that?
If you want to do it properly you should disassemble whole printer and use some cotton swabs with alcohol to do it also, you can try roller cleaning mode in printer drivers.

artise

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hmmm no roller cleaning mode on this. There sure doesn't seem to be anything stuck. I've cleaned this thing as recommended. :(