Canon Ip6000D BIG PROBLEM

Whisky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
First of all, pls escuse my english. It is very bad.

This night my printer started to print ONE LINE OK, ONE LINE MISSIG

The printing is perfect but...one line ok, one line missing

I've tried power unpluging and reistaling software...

Still the same problem.

No error code on her display.

Pls HELP ME !!!

I have a photo to show you. id: whiskydanniell

TNX !!!

http://www.magnific.ro/1.jpg

http://www.magnific.ro/2.jpg

LE:

I.ve done an eeprom writing.

http://www.magnific.ro/3.jpg The printer model is printed normaly, the rest of the printing it's one line ok, one line missing.

I thing it's a soft problem...

PLS HELP ME !!!

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Did you try to do a Clean Print head ?

Whisky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
http://www.magnific.ro/4.jpg

Yes... it's the same problem...one line ok, one line missing. I have attached a photo with the print head. It's in great cndition. All the colors are ok.

I realy thing it's a soft problem...

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Do a nozzle check and upload that image. That will be the most important information in diagnosing the problem. It's not a software problem or a problem in the drivers because these are not used when you print the eeprom information.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
OK, your pictures were downloading so slowly, I just assumed that second picture was just the Window test print page.

You have an electrical problem. Cleanings won't help. The only thing that might help is if it is a dirty contact on the back of the print head. Carefully remove the cartridges and then the print head, making sure you don't tip it backwards because you don't want residual ink to flow into the electronics and cause further problems. Make sure you put the locking lever down because you don't want the carriage to return to the park position and get the lever jammed into the top of the printer. Unplug the printer without turning it off. Use paper towels to blot up as much ink on the nozzles as you can and any where else there is ink.

Take a soft pink eraser and gently wipe the gold contacts on the back of the print head. Also examine the contacts on the carriage where the print head goes. See if any of them are bent or don't spring back when you press on them gently.

Then plug in the printer and turn it on. Put the print head and cartridges back in the printer. It may ask you if you want to do an alignment, say no. Do a nozzle check. If it looks good, you're one of the luck ones. Do an alignment and continue to use your printer.

If it looks the same as before, then you have an unfixable problem with getting new parts. It is an electrical problem in the print head or in the printer or both. You won't know if you can fix it by putting in a new print head and there is always the possibility that the printer can be burned out in such a way the it burns out any new print head. Also, your print head could be burned out in such a way that it burns out any printer that you put it in. The safest thing you can do is take it to an authorized repair center with the stipulation that if they can't fix it for a reasonable price then you don't want the printer back and don't want to pay.

Whisky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i.ve did like you said so. No luck for me. :( Thank you very much for your edvice. Whit respect, Daniel.

Whisky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE....

on printable cd/dvd it work ok !!! perfect...

the problem it is only on paper !!!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
It probably seems to work with the CD/DVD because it is doing many passes, advancing the disk a short distance each time. If you print on paper and select a higher quality, it may also appear to work on plain paper. You could also tell it that you are printing on matte paper.

Whisky

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Tnx a lot. You were right. I've manage to trick it on high resolution paper, at high quality. The print it's allmost perfect. I hope it will last long. :D

LE:

For the near future i have 2 options in mind:

1: Second Hand Ip6000d from ebay. You may ask me why, well, because i have 1 L Black, Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, LC and LM.(100 $) ~ 100 $

2. Brand new IP4700 + CISS + 1 L of Black, Cyan, Yellow and Magenta. ~ 250 $ :(

What do you recomand ?