Canon IP4500 waste ink pad/tank full help!! I have work to deliver!

bitsbytes

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Dear experts, I have a problem with my IP4500. I cant print because the printer says the waste ink is full.
Ive tried with press power button, resume, etc but with no results.
I search the forum but I cant find the answer (sorry if someone has posted about it already).
I found a software resetter in the forum but its for the IP4600.
Is this printer resetted by software or by hardware?

Thank you very much!

iP4XXX

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610, Canon iP4200
Canon iP4500 waste ink reset:

1) With the machine power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the ON/OFF button. (DO NOT release the buttons). The Power LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.
2) While holding the ON/OFF button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the ON/OFF button.)
3) While holding the ON/OFF button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the ON/OFF and Resume/Cancel buttons.
4) When the Power LED lights in green press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times
then press the ON/OFF button.

I found this info by googling iP4500 waste ink reset. It is the same procedure shown in the service manual for the iP4200 and the MP610. In the MP610 service manual it says after the reset it will print a page: ("D=000.0" is printed at the top left of the paper.) I don't know if the iP4500 does this page print, so you might want to have at least one sheet of paper loaded just in case.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If this works, you should place your printer on a shallow baking tin so that when the ink starts overflowing the waste ink tank and leaking out of the bottom of your printer, it won't create a mess for you.