Canon iP4300 error code issue

drfugawe

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My wife and share a Canon iP4300 on a home network - recently her computer HD was replaced and I just finished resetting everything a few days ago - no problems printing for a few days, and then started getting error code flashes (15 orange) no green, just orange. I don't have the service manual for this printer, but I thought I remembered that the messages relating to refilling issues (I refill these CLI-8s) can be reset by holding down the "resume" button for 10-15 seconds - but this did nothing here.

Anyone know what 15 orange flashes on the Canon iP4300 signify?

I've also got the "bi-directional support" disabled in Properties on both computers - should I change that?

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
15 flashes of the orange LED on ip4300 means "An Ink tank error has occurred. (The lamp on the ink tank is off.) Replace the ink tank." according to ip4300's user's guide. Try to unplug and replug in the ink cartridge that has its lamp off. This forces the printer to read the chip again. If the flashes changes to 16 times you can press and hold the RESUME/RESET button for 10 seconds. This will turn off the ink level monitor. You will need to refill the ink cartridge that is empty now.

drfugawe

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
leo,
Many thanks for your response - I went back and rechecked the blinking orange lights - I count 17 now! (I find these damn hard to count, they just flash too fast for me - either I miscounted initially, or am miscounting now) - Sorry.

A manual check of the ink cart levels shows all carts have some ink (when I put the cart back in place, the red light flashes, but soon goes out - I thought that the process of refilling carts on the iP4300 disabled Canon's ink monitoring device - No?). I am currently having a problem getting one of my carts sealed well after refilling - it has leaked some over the past week - I think it's fine now, but it may have triggered this issue.

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Reset the problematic cartridge, which should clear that problem. I'm betting the error came after refilling?