Canon IP4000 color problems.

slecompte

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a new Ip4000. I was so sure it was going to be so great since I have loved my I950. Well so far it stinks. My problem is everything is too dark and there is way too much red. Skin is always too pink.

I called Canon and they want me to take it in for service, which is not convenient to me. This thing is brand new. So I called again today, they walked me through the same crap and now the tech is sending me a new print head. Do you really think this is the issue?

I saw one person lowered the intenisty by about 15% and that helped, but I tried and that didn't seem to make any difference.

I am about to get rid of this thing and stick with my i950, but...I was hoping I could get better pics from this. I am using the Easy Print software, I know not the best, but I can print right after with the 950 using default settings and pics are perfect!

Thanks for any help!!

Sheila

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
You could have a couple of problems. If the new tanks that came with the iP4000 were used, it could be a case of inadequate ink flow from one of the cartridges. Clogged air vent??? You may have a leaking tank which is putting too much ink into the printhead which will mimic an inadequate ink flow. The print head could have a clog or other defect from the manufacturing process, which is unlikely. In any case, what does the nozzle check output look like? Are all colors printing and without any missing lines? A nozzle check is the first line of problem determination when dealing with print head problems. I suspect the problem is ink tank related. I suggest you install the existing tanks from your i950 and see if the problem persists. Only the BCI-3ebk isn't common to both printers and that doesn't matter since that ink would have no effect on the problem you report. The good news is that Canon is sending you a new print head which probably isn't needed at this time. Keep it handy for later use.