CANON ip3000 - Cartridge problem

kafka

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I find that cyan doesn't print. I have installed a new cartridge but not overcome the problem. I find that if I run Deep Clean several times cyan prints, however it doesn't last long. Obviously something is blocked. Do I need a new printer?

tony uk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i agree a new printhead is probably the solution easy to fit and not too expensive pn is qy6-0064-000cn

refilldude

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hey before you follow the info from the other guys and waste money. remove the printhead and soak it in warm sterile water for approx 3 hrs. evert 30mins place it on the end of a vac cleaner for 5 seconds repeat this for 3 hrs. when finished dry printhead with tissue and place in printer and replace cartridges. to multiple deep head cleans to bring ink back through the printhead and remove all excess water.

i have done 50+ of these and only have 4 fail on me as the printhead had actually burnt out or failed. so worth a go. save your self 40-55.

it may be a good idea before you do any of this to dab the cyan cartridge on tissue to check sponge isnt inverted or damaged also do the deep head cleans to see if that makes a difference.

after each head clean do a nozzle check to check results

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
It may not just be the print head. It sounds like it's starved for ink. Don't keep trying to print if it's not getting ink. That will burn the print head out. Are you refilling cartridges? If so your cartridge may need a flush. Flush it til the foam is white and then let it dry completely. Then refill it and let the ink soak for at least a day to let the foam absorb all the ink, you may end up filling it twice because ink keeps getting absorbed. That should do it.

refilldude

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
you hit the nail on the head there. thats why i said to dab cart on tissue before cleaning