Canon ip 8500 will not print cyan -depite new printhead

Roobarb

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have used this printer for sometime without any major problems until towards the end of last year when it started taking a dislike to cyan. Initially I put this down to a clogged nozzle. And the usual cleaning routines did the trick.
However last month no more cyan. Once again I assumed this was caused by a blocked nozzle but despite intensive cleaning...zip.
I then discovered this forum :D and carried out the various "serious" cleaning methods. I even took the printhead apart and could see light through the nozzles and still no cyan! All other colours present and correct once put back into the machine.

Arrrggh :mad: I had had enough. New printhead was ordered and arrived next day. Hurrah, thinks I, back to normal printing. Double ARRRRGH :mad: :mad: cyan still doesn't print!!!

Ok there is a brand new cyan cartridge in-situ-- I use a brand " Pro-Jet" from a local supplier ( Happy Printer) which has caused no problems with the other colours.
I have reinstalled the driver etc.

I hope somebody can help with this problem as I am about to commit printercide and chuck the sodding thing out the window.:eek:

Cheers
Roobarb