Canon IP 7250

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
This printer is now discontinued in the UK. Just seen a second hand printer selling for £75 on Ebay UK. Similar auctions are up to £100 or more. The IP7250 is a piece of plastic junk but this printer was a gem in offering photo quality prints at such a cheap price. Now the ip7250 is no more and ATM, there are no alternative cheap printers available.

The IP4000 was the cream of printers until the IP4500 took over the crown. The IP7250 became the only option for a cheap stand alone photo printer and now it has gone..

mosty of us have seen it all before. The IP4000 was selling for ridiculous prices on EBAY because of it's non chip cartridges,. Then came the ip4500 with a chip resetter and latterly non OEM carts for the IP7250. There is no reason to believe that non OEM and refillable carts will not be available for the IP7250 successor and I don't understand why so many are willing to pay over the odds for the IP7250

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think the reason is that the printer uses the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 cartridges. A resetter and reasonably priced compatible single use and refillable cartridges are available, so running costs are reasonable if you don't use OEM ink.

Newer printers use the PGI-x80/CLI-x81 cartridges. No resetter exists for these cartridges that are much more expensive than previous generations ink cartridges. Even third party cartridges are very expensive.

It seems that the print heads of the PGI-x50/CLI-x51 cartridge generation are fragile. So don't pay much more than 10£ for a used iP7250 and examine the nozzle check carefully before you buy. The weak points to look for are double vertical lines in the pigment black grid and blurry dye (photo) black stripe.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
The fragility already started with the previous generation x25/x26.
I dumped most of what I hoarded 2 months ago.
Cheap printing maybe, but not worth the hassle anymore, and the 3th party ink fades very fast too.

Latest posts