canon ip 4600 erro the ink absorber is full !! solution ?

alimao

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea how to fix this error?
Next photo
semttulooxk.jpg

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe this, Canon has made it that the end user can no longer reset it themselves. From what I've read, they have a special program that they use to reset the printer.

What complete and utter nonsense.

So there's the answer to your question. You need to take it to a service center and PAY to reset it. Or hopefully somebody leaks the program online.

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is there a program like this for a Canon MX860. If I get a CIS that works I'm sure the waste tank will fill up and I'll be in the same boat.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
d1hamby..

Why do you think that the waste ink will fill up faster with CISS ? ..

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I will be printing more with unlimited ink supply.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
d1hamby said:
Is there a program like this for a Canon MX860. If I get a CIS that works I'm sure the waste tank will fill up and I'll be in the same boat.
In all honest you will get slightly less waste because the printer will not be priming the cartridge as much because the printer will not be monitoring the ink levels in the cartridge once you disable the monitoring through the usual warranty void screen (assuming you get that still with the MX860).

That said, it is possible that the firmware will force the printer to do more cleaning so it's horses for course really...

Either way, I can tell you that Canon printers waste less ink than Epsons by a LOooooong way...

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
How long have you used the ip4600? It can't be older than my ip4200 which has not had a full waste ink tank yet. Did you do a lot of cleaning cycles? That sure is a speedy way to fill it up quickly. If you did then you want to ask yourself why you had to do a lot of cleaning cycles. Normally the printer will do it when it's needed. You almost never need to do it manually at all.

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
websnail said:
d1hamby said:
In all honest you will get slightly less waste because the printer will not be priming the cartridge as much because the printer will not be monitoring the ink levels in the cartridge once you disable the monitoring through the usual warranty void screen (assuming you get that still with the MX860).

That said, it is possible that the firmware will force the printer to do more cleaning so it's horses for course really...

Either way, I can tell you that Canon printers waste less ink than Epsons by a LOooooong way...
The chips I'm using don't require you to disable the monitoring.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
nche11 said:
How long have you used the ip4600? It can't be older than my ip4200 which has not had a full waste ink tank yet. Did you do a lot of cleaning cycles? That sure is a speedy way to fill it up quickly. If you did then you want to ask yourself why you had to do a lot of cleaning cycles. Normally the printer will do it when it's needed. You almost never need to do it manually at all.
Remember that the printer design changed dramatically when the iP4600 came out.

The cleaning station is considerably cheaper in terms of build quality and design and there was a suggestion that more cleaning routines were required as a result. No confirmation here because I haven't gone higher than an iP4500... worth considering though.