Canon IP 4500 removal of printhead and cartridges

beduch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a IP 4500 printer, also I have just bought a MP610 all in one which has the same printhead and cartridges

Would it be possible to remove the printhead and cartridges from the IP4500 to put in the MP610, so as I can then store the IP 4500 for future use, or would there be residual ink left in the IP4500 that could possibly do damage.

I could then have spare printhead and cartridges

Thanks

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you have not opened the print head and cartridges that came with your MP610, you may indeed put them away for storage and use them later.
Just remove the used cartridges and printhead from the ip4500, insert them in the mp610, and you are good to go!

Congrats on finding a new 610 at this time

Good luck!!!

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I would flood the iP4500 purge pads with Windex after taking out the printhead. I am not sure what the printer will do without the printhead. If the Windex disappeared after close/open the cover, this means that the purge system is running even without the printhead. Flood the purge pads a few more time just to clean out the tubings of the purge system. This will prevent any ink left in the purge system from clogging.

beduch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have actually bought 2 MP610 from the Canon Outlet UK on Ebay, one was brand new and unused, the other looks like a customer return but does not look like it has had any use apart from being checked by Canon.
Both have new printhead and cartridges enclosed, in sealed packets.
My IP4500 has been used for 3 months and I must say it is a brilliant piece of kit.
I do not think Windex is available in the UK, so what are the alternatives.