Canon IP 3000 and printing to discs

drummond52

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a Canon IP3000 that I use to print onto discs. I use Ritek Ridata White inkjet Hub discs and I just cannot get it to print descent when there's any amount of black, any other colour is really good not exact copies but good enough its the black that gives me trouble, I put it on greyscale and the black is great but when its on colour the black looks like its got a redish tint, is there anything I can do to inprove this. Thank you in advance................drummond

Xalky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Is it only when printing discs? Or does it happen when printing on paper also. Try printing in standard mode instead of photo or vice versa. My first thought was that the black is somehow plugged on your printer. Also try downloading the latest version of CD labelprint from the europan canon site.

I just set up a new 6700d with the latest version of cd label print and the colors are awesome compared to when I was using the oldversion with my ip5000. I'm not sure what made the difference though as I can't check the old printer because it died.

But at least you got a few starting points.

Xalky

drummond52

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply Xalky, it only happens when I print discs, the colours are great when I print covers and photo's. I use surething software to print to discs, but will try cd labelprint. when i do pictures the black is there so I do not think it is plugged, but I am no expert, I will give standard mode a try. Again thank you......drummond

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The Canon printers treat CDs as they do photo paper, that is, they will not use the pigment black ink on them and since there is no dye black ink in the iP3000, it has to approximate black by combining colors which is no where near as dark as black ink.

See this thread:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1631

drummond52

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply ghwellsjr, would the new Pixma IP 5300 solve the problem with the black as it has 2 black cartridges? ..........................drummond

drummond52

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply ghwellsjr. Might just get one, they are on sale here till the 27th............drummond

drummond52

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I bought the IP5300 and it makes a vaste difference, black looks great now. Thanks for all the help I got.......................................drummond