Canon ink monitoring after reset

Rhodius

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been reading the majority of the postings from the last 6-9 months. I've followed the Canon resetter availability for my MP830. Finally a few days ago I bought the blue resetter from Mapsy.

I have a quick question for all of you who use a Canon ink resetter. I had been asked by the printer if I wanted to disable the ink monitoring for the BK tank. Therefore do you have to manually enable the ink monitoring after an ink reset using a resetter?

Tonight after a lot of BW copying, I manually pulled the BK cartridge out and the tank is like half empty however my ink detail status shows it's still full. Is this possible? Is it because even though the tank is half empty but the cart's sponge still has a lot of ink and therefore the status is still full? Or do I have a resetter problem?

How do I tell if a resetter works? Obviously prior to using the resetter, all the cartridges light were blinking, now they blink no more. I've researched prior postings on this issue, it seemed that the resetter should work as is, but has anyone noticed when the ink status says 3/4 or 1/2, what does it look like inside the tank?

Thanks a lot!

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
The resetter should work just as well as the Canon ink monitoring. You should find that at some stage the BK cartridge will register as only partly full and then nearly empty & finally ink has run out. I use the redsetter on my IP4500, MP510 & 610 printers and it works just as well as the original ink monitoring. DON'T reset your BK cartridge at this stage as it will be reset as full.

Rhodius

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Alright, thanks Wilko, I'll wait then.