Canon Imageprograf Pro-300 Service tool?

BottleImp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon imageprograf PRO-300
Hi, this is interesting, how many prints have you made approximately? That must be several thousands?
It's been a lot, for sure! But an update for anyone looking to get into the PRO-300 service mode: I found the button combination that works:
With the power off, press and hold the power button. Then, still holding the power button down, press and hold the stop/cancel button (the pink triangle in the circle). Still holding the power button down, release the cancel button, then press and release the cancel button six times. then press down on the cancel button again, then release both buttons at the same time. And that's it!

SailorRoberts86

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
It's been a lot, for sure! But an update for anyone looking to get into the PRO-300 service mode: I found the button combination that works:
With the power off, press and hold the power button. Then, still holding the power button down, press and hold the stop/cancel button (the pink triangle in the circle). Still holding the power button down, release the cancel button, then press and release the cancel button six times. then press down on the cancel button again, then release both buttons at the same time. And that's it!
I just want to say the information on how to enter service mode for my PRO-300 is awesome.. I just took off all my absorber pads today cleaned them, dried them, and stacked everything back into place neatly.. Then i was afraid i might need a service tool download, but your knowledge on entering service mode manually, which by the way i could not find anywhere else.. This saved me big time today so thank you!

For anybody looking for the location of the absorber pads they are on the bottom of the printer.. Just get a screw driver (phillips small) take the first layer apart.. then a second layer inside will fall down in a black casing (your pads are inside this casing) .. unscrew the casing .. and there they are.

There's also the black ink sponge by the ink cartridges just for maintenance since your already getting dirty might as well clean this one too.. Its easy to get this one out with a pair of tweezers.

Overall its not a difficult process cleaning everything just make sure to mark your pads where they belonged, wear a pair of latex gloves (it helps!), rinse out all the ink, dry them good, and take your time..

Last edited:

David Roberts

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS5151
Thanks for the Reply! I actually do a lot of printing and the printer was giving an error "1700" ink absorber is almost full. I had this printer almost 2 years, cleaned the pads and error still was present. So I have done a lot of searching and found out about the dreaded error. I tried all the methods of entering service mode and all failed. But I seem to figure out how to get into the Pro-300 service mode.

I searched for official service tools for Cannon printers and saw that the v5610 had support for some Pro series "on eBay". So I gave it a try, and it worked!! I got the in absorber counter reset! Saved the EEPROM as well.

So, long story short, anyone who need to use the service tool to fix errors on the Canon Pro-300 imageprograf use v5610 service tool.
Hi, could you please send a link to the eBay listing for service Tool version V5610.
Thanks in advance.