Canon i9900 roller cleaning problem

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'm not the most technical guy here, and I need some advice. My wonderful i9900 printer still prints great photos, but on the bottom of the prints there are 8-10 black lines. Cleaning the rollers from the top did not work. I will need to disassemble the printer in order to better access the rollers.
I did not see a way to take this printer apart. Has anyone done this cleaning successfully, and if so, what is the correct way to take it apart? Also, what cleaning solution was successfully used?

A photo (if possible)would be helpful. :)

Thanks

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Why not put some sheets of paper in it and use the paper feed button to let the paper pass through the printer thus absorbing the ink from the rollers ? I would suggest to put the paper 90 degrees rotated (to simulate A4 to A3) to reach a larger cleaning area.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, Pharmacist.... I have done that a number of times, and it just does not work for long. I had seen an article posted here about a year ago, about a member here who had taken his i9900 printer apart. I hope he gets to see this and help me out.

All comments appreciated...

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Great idea.... I just purchased it...thanks

Have looked at the enclosed material, and no description or image as to how to take it apart. If anyone knows, please post here.

Thanks!!