Canon i960

Swisserama

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello there!

I replaced ink 6 photo magneta today. It's a refill cartridge. Now I am printing and the pictures look kind of blue/greenish... I checked the ink I took all the paper and package ;-) away...

any ideas what to do? Help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
IF it was printing OK before changing the photo magenta cartridge and not afterward I would guess that that you have a cartridge that is not feeding ink properly or is a p;oor color match for the rest of the cartridges. Did you refill it yourself or was it an aftermarket prefilled cart that you bought? You can take it out of the printer, hold it over some paper you will then throw away, and blow lightly in the vent hole. The vent is on top of the cart all the way at the end where the sponge is located inside. If blowing into it lightly makes ink drip out of the ink exit hole at the bottom it will probably work OK now. You can then run a light cleaning to get it started and try another print. You can also just put in another photo magenta cart and see if it then works OK. If it does you will know that the problem was the cart.

Swisserama

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
fotofreek

thank you so much for your tip. It worked!!!

I am so happy now ;-)

Thanks again

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
fotofreek saves the day.... AGAIN!!!

We should all pitch in to get him a cape with IJM printed in big letters (InkJet Master).