Canon i960 Purge Unit Issue

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
OK, my purge unit stopped working again, several weeks after reconnecting small hoses that came undone from the internal nipples within the purge pump....perhaps the elastmetric materials these hoses/tubes are made from have lost some of their elasticity....I'm considering a small drop of superglue judiciously applied to keep them put.

Anybody else having this problem?? Solution??

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
My favorite adhesive for a task like this is Goop. It comes in many flavors but the most popular is Automotive Goop which I get from a AutoZone. Goop will stick to anything and it has the advantage that you can remove it.

Superglue is specifically for two flat surfaces.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
In addition, superglue doesn't work too well with things that flex. An automotive produce called LTV (probably the same as automotive goop!) is a great adhesive/sealer. I've used it to reattach auto exterior moldings and reattach a vanity mirror/light assembly that popped out of a car sun visor. It is a silicone adhesive that acts very much like contact cement. I've also used a silicone sealer that I purchased at an automotive supply that is probably the same stuff.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I don't think Goop is silicon based. See amazinggoop.com. As you can see by visiting this website, it comes in a lot of different varieties but I think they are all the same.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Goop is not a silicone but a solvent based rubber adhesive that dries instead of cures like silicone.