Canon i960 print problem cont'd

duecekd

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello to all! I have an ongoing problem with my Canon i960 not printing Cyan at all. I had posted my problem back in Dec '06, and got some suggestions from some great folks. Here is a link to those posts:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1644

My problem started with not getting any Cyan to print, and then other colors followed. I went thru all the steps of head cleaning, new carts, cleaning overflow tube, and anything else I could find or read about here to no avail.

I then bought a new print head and new carts from a different vendor (Inkcessories) and installed all. To my misfortune, I still have the same result, NO CYAN!

I have been living with it for these past few months, since most of my printing is text in B&W anyway, but I liked this printer and still would like to resurrect it if possible, before buying a new one and burning the cost of the new head and new ink.

Could there be a signal that isn't being sent to the Cyan slot? If so, is there a fix, or a part that can be replaced? The printer has not been abused in any way, or in a harsh environment. Would the printer software possibly have anything to do with it?

Any thoughts by anyone who has had to go past the normal cleaning and maintenance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks- duecekd

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
duecekd

If you have installed a new print head with the same problem occurring, then i would suspect the Logic Board as the culprit. Are there any flashing lights to go by?

duecekd

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No, the printer works in all other capacities. I have just the green light flashing when printing and no error screens on the PC. When I do a nozzle check the cyan is the only color that is totally blank. If I remove the cyan cart, there is visible wet ink on the top of the print head tube screen.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
New cartridges, and new print head, with same problem.....Yes, i would suspect the logic board.

duecekd

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to reset logic board? I looked a little into replacing it, and they want $193!!! That's more than I paid for the whole machine.