Canon i960 not printing Cyan

OutOFtheinkwell

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
My thanks to Lilla for good advice and prompt answers. First of all I did get my new canon ip6000d to turn out some very good prints. I had no success with my old HP Semi-gloss paper and everything was turning out mottled and grainy looking. Shadows in faces looked like dirt specks instead of gradual shading. I have several calls into canon and I must say they have been very good in getting back to me. I noticed that I got good prints in plain paper but nothing else until I tried some paper I had left over from Wal-Mart. "JetPrint Professional brilliant gloss", is what it is called. With that paper I got some really nice prints so at least I know it's the paper and not the heads or ink. What I was surprised about is the fact that the Old HP Paper was all I used with my Canon i960 printer and always with wonderful results. Looks like some printers have a very narrow range of paper that is acceptable. Just so you know, I always adjusted to fit the paper type and range, and nothing was working till I tried this Brilliant glossy. I will be keeping my 450 or so sheets of the HP paper for use in my old i960 which I am determined to repair or know the reason why! Again, my thanks to Lilla for her kind help! Regards to all, outoftheinkwell!