Canon i960 5C00 error, please assist

jfcarbel

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430
I get 4 orange/Green flashes and then it halts at green for a moment and repeats. Also Canon dialog states I have a 5C00 error. I looked it up and it has something to do with the purge unit.

When I open cover printhead will not come to the center and does not move at all

I did move printhead carriage to middle of printer and discovered some folded up paper about 2"/.25" folded in the left hand side of the printer

Some things I tried:
reset waste ink counter
power on/off and unplug

Let me explain how I use my printer:

I do not print color that often, but I do sometimes print a photo or two. But I have gone about a 10 months with only printing black/white text stuff. I set my properties to use grayscale only so it only uses the black ink. But I noticed it still kept eating up all my color ink even though I never printed any color docs. So I decided about 3 months ago that when they color tanks ran out I would not refill them. And I continued to ignore my color ink tanks are out warnings and continued to print grayscale with an always filled black inkjet cartridge for about 3-4 months.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
jfcarbel said:
I get 4 orange/Green flashes and then it halts at green for a moment and repeats. Also Canon dialog states I have a 5C00 error. I looked it up and it has something to do with the purge unit.

When I open cover printhead will not come to the center and does not move at all

I did move printhead carriage to middle of printer and discovered some folded up paper about 2"/.25" folded in the left hand side of the printer

Some things I tried:
reset waste ink counter
power on/off and unplug

Let me explain how I use my printer:

I do not print color that often, but I do sometimes print a photo or two. But I have gone about a 10 months with only printing black/white text stuff. I set my properties to use grayscale only so it only uses the black ink. But I noticed it still kept eating up all my color ink even though I never printed any color docs. So I decided about 3 months ago that when they color tanks ran out I would not refill them. And I continued to ignore my color ink tanks are out warnings and continued to print grayscale with an always filled black inkjet cartridge for about 3-4 months.
I have the same problem http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2530
I did not solve could anyone help me too :) The printer was offline for 2 months and fixed itself, so I'm going to leave it offline and see if it works. This makes me think the problem is in the connections but I checked them all and cleaned everything just see the thread i posted.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Here is a comment from fixyourownprinter.com...hope this helps

"Fixing this error is much easier as it looks. Unplug the printer completely. Move the ink cartridge cradle gently to the left. Over to the right at it's usual resting place you will see a small pad about 1cm square. This pad and the area around should be covered with ink. Get a microfibre cloth and press down on this pad - it's not fixed so should come away with the cloth, otherwise use tweezers gently. Squeeze the pad several times between your thumb and forefinger while inside the microfiber cloth to remove ink build up. Then when not much ink comes out on the cloth, clean the area in the printer around the pad so that looks free from ink too. Then position the pad back in place, move the cradle back into position, plug in and switch on - should work fine now. But it's worth checking for any paper caught near the ink pad as my error occurred after a paper jam. Good luck :)