Canon i9100 standalone - nozzle check - Service print test

optimizer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks ;)
The printhead looks almost the same as the i960's except on the i960 the head drops into the cart holder, and it looks like it's the other way around on the i9100, the cart holder is in the printhead.
You would think if they had just used the same head for all of these BCI 6 printers, life would have been a lot easier for them and us.

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
After reading this thread I can't help laughing. I have seen this topic on this forum many times and the answer for this ink contamination was in the archive no doubt. Sorry, I laugh because I had this problem myself in the past. I can tell you it is not your print head that is broken. Of course there is a possibility that he print head is broken but mine wasn't. And it was fixed quickly.

Assuming your problem is the same as mine then the problem is in the cartridges. One of them is leaking ink out of the nozzles. Are you using after market ink cartridges? I was. This is the logic behind that led me to find the cause of the problem. One of the cartridge had to be leaking so that its ink co contaminate another (unless the print head was really broken). I had to conclude that the cartridges I had weren't very compatible with OEM cartridges. They didn't hold ink very well. They had a tendency to leak ink slowly out of the nozzles.

After I threw all those Chinese made cartridges away and began to refill with OEM ink cartridges the problem never bothered me again. The printer was an ip6000D. It was a slow printer, way too slow, so I have replaced it with a Pro9000. Can't be happier ever since. I did continue to use the ip6000D for a long while before I found a chance to buy the Pro9000 with a discount.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
The cartridges I had the problem with are vacuum refilled Canon OEM cartridges.