Canon i860 and cartridge world

tramseyer

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
First of all, please let me apologize in advance. I am pretty frustrated and aggravated this morning because of other things, plus this cold or whatever is still dragging on after several weeks, and the "cartridge going dry" warning is one of the last straws. And it's only 9:51 AM! (joy, joy).

I hope to get to fixing the carriage bar error this weekend with the help you gave me earlier. However, is there any way to keep the Canon i860 from doing a deep head clean when I turn the printer back on after clearing the error?

I've tried only canceling the print queue from the computer, but no go, I have to turn the printer off and then back on. But from the sounds and the speed that the cartridges are drying out, it has to be doing at least one deep head clean when I turn it back on, maybe more. I can't afford to keep running out and buying $10-$15 cartridges right now.

However - there is a fairly new Cartridge World relatively close by; I am usually by there on Monday nights before class. I have stopped in for a look-see, but have only had Canon factory inks in this printer. Does anyone have any experience with CW and their inks?

I promise I'll do more forum searching and looking later, because I really dislike it when someone posts without doing at least a little bit of their own work, but posting this and getting answers will ease my frustration at least a tad :).

Thanks
Theresa

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
It looks like this is a new post from you and not a continuation of an earlier post,.. so I do see any history. The i860 uses the same ink and printhead as my i560. In you device driver, you have the option to use "Auto Power" or not. It is my understanding that if you always leave the printer on, it will not do "Cleaning Cycles" since it is not going on and off and on.

However, I don't understand you "Cartridge going dry" error message. The message I get is "Ink is running low". So it is easy to open the print and pull out the cart and see if in fact that the ink is low. Not a big problem. There is no way a cleaning cycles can use that much ink. I refill all my carts and do an average amount of printing and it takes a month or more to need more ink. If you are printing so much that you use up the ink, I suggest two things. 1. If you want to buy very inexpensive ink, go to inkforsale.net and enter your printer model. This ink is only $1.50 for black BCI-3e and $1.20 for the BCI-6 inks. You should order 2-3 carts of each color so you don't have to leave your house once a week. 2. The other choice is to start refilling your Canon Ink carts yourself and buy Bulk ink. There are dozens of places to do this but I've been using Atlanticinkjet.com for 2+ years without a problem. Either one of these suggestions should solve your problem.