Canon i850 stops printing in mid print

raychan999

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am the owner of this poorly made Canon Inkjet printer i850 which i have unfortunately owned for about 3 years. I have barely even used it much. So for the past 2 years i've had to deal with this annoying problem. Almost every time, when i try to print something the printer stops printing in mid print, and freezes, and the light blinks orange and green. The service error says 5100. I am lucky to find this printer forum as i didnt realize i could get help. Can someone tell me why this is happening. I can't afford to buy a new printer yet. I have to buy so many other things like the new iphone.

Ray:)

Lilla

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
raychan999 said:
I am the owner of this poorly made Canon Inkjet printer i850 which i have unfortunately owned for about 3 years. I have barely even used it much. So for the past 2 years i've had to deal with this annoying problem. Almost every time, when i try to print something the printer stops printing in mid print, and freezes, and the light blinks orange and green. The service error says 5100. I am lucky to find this printer forum as i didnt realize i could get help. Can someone tell me why this is happening. I can't afford to buy a new printer yet. I have to buy so many other things like the new iphone.

Ray:)
I did a search in this forum for "error AND 5100" and got a number of hits.
For example, see this link. Perhaps some of the other posts will prove useful too.

Also, you might find something useful in the Canon i850 FAQ... to locate it, click on this link
Then substitue i850 for IP3000 in the instructions provided.

Hope this helps a little.

Lilla