Canon i560 olive green tint ????

niiice

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a canon i560 and it prints everything with a green tint. I took the printhead out and soaked it for 24 hours in 99% isopropyl alcohol and nothing. It did get a little better but then started to go back to the green tint. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated since otherwise I have to buy another printer....again!
Thanks a lot in advance!

khalid826

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dear niiice
did you left the printer head working with out ink in one of the cartridge for long time , if this is happened i think you damaged the head , but i hope not try to rinse it in a hot water after removing the rubber protective rings around the metal screen on the inlet of the head then press the hot water or windex in the head , it may solve the problem
best regards

niiice

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Actually, it never did run out of ink. Today I disassembled the printhead and cleaned it all. Windex worked great, better than rubbing alcohol. I reassembled it all and but the carts back in. Did one deep cleaning and printhead alignment. The first 6 photos turned out awesome. No green tint, but then it started to get that green tint again. What could be the problem? And I did go out today and bought a new printer. An HP Photosmart 8050. Any advice would be helpful on either of those printers. Thanks.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
When you ran the deep cleaning cycle a suction was applied to the print head which draws ink out of the cartridges and primes the head. That's why the first few photos printed OK, but once the supply of ink in the head was depleted it was back to the green cast. It sounds to me like you have an ink flow problem from the magenta cartridge. I actually experienced the same problem the other day on my ip4000. The problem wasn't a defective cartridge, but was caused by the magenta tank being bumped while removing a different tank to show to a friend. The result was the same - no ink flow. Snapping the tank back into position immediately resolved that problem. First, make sure the tanks are seated correctly. If you have a different tank to install, I recommend that you try that. Also, make sure that nothing is blocking the air vent on top of the sponge area. A blocked air vent can cause the problem you describe.

niiice

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks drc023, I will try that. I think it might be the vent blocked since all the carts are seated correctly. I followed Grandad's instructions on how to disassemble the printhead and cleaned it thoroughly, so I'm sure it has to be the carts.

niiice

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just an update for anyone interested. My problem with the olive green tint is gone finally. I took the printhead apart twice and soaked it in amonia based glass cleaner and finally it prints normal again. Thanks, Grandad for the neat write-up on how to take one of those canon printheads apart. Works awesome now!!!!