Canon i560 - lines in text

vansambeek

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello! I am having a problem with a Canon i560 printer. When printing word documents, it prints white lines in text- seems to affect only every other line, and only the black ink. Colors print with no problem. It in to the point where it makes the affected text illegible.
The problem started after my mother tested her printer's printhead in my printer while troubleshooting hers. That printhead didn't work in my printer either, and now my printer is not working properly! I'm afraid it may be toast.
Have tried changing the black ink cartridge, and did a cleaning cycle, nozzle check, and print head alignment to no avail.
Thank you for any insight you can offer!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
vansambeek said:
Hello! I am having a problem with a Canon i560 printer. When printing word documents, it prints white lines in text- seems to affect only every other line, and only the black ink. Colors print with no problem. It in to the point where it makes the affected text illegible.
The problem started after my mother tested her printer's printhead in my printer while troubleshooting hers. That printhead didn't work in my printer either, and now my printer is not working properly! I'm afraid it may be toast.
Have tried changing the black ink cartridge, and did a cleaning cycle, nozzle check, and print head alignment to no avail.
Thank you for any insight you can offer!
If your nozzle check is similar to the one below then it cant be fixed.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=63407#p63407

Getting a new print head will not fix the problem either, because testing your Mothers print head in your i560
has most lightly blown something in the logic board, so thats to expensive to replace.

The only thing you can do to continue to print using this printer is to set your paper choice to Matte photo,
that way youll still be able print documents without white lines appearing in your text, sorry.. :(

vansambeek

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes, that is what my nozzle check looks like :(
Thanks for the tip about the matte photo paper though, I will be able to get some use out of the printer now.