Canon i560 Clogged Printhead - Black BCI-3eBK Half Missing

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
There is a way to select a different default paper type in the firmware for my MP830. Maybe the following will help you do the same although it is a different printer and using Windows 8.x. If you have a User Manual the process is probably outlined. The following is how I did it with my software and printer.

Go to Control Pane. and click on Drivers and Printers, or whatever icon that lets you look at your printers. Right click on the default printer (i560 in your case). I then hover the mouse over Printer Properties and then hover over the new pop up menu selection showing my printer (in my case Canon MP830 Series Printer). This brings up a new window called Canon MP830 Series Printer Properties. Select the General tab and click on Preferences towards the bottom of the window. This will bring up a familiar looking window for printing preferences (in my case called Canon MP830 Series Printer Printing Preferences) and from here I select a new default paper type from Media Type. Now click on Apply and then OK at the bottom of the window and you new paper choice is made the default. Easy breezy, clear as mud!

The process for you with a different firmware and OS will may be different but hopefully you will find the Printer Preferences window and be able to apply and OK your new default Media Type (paper choice).
Works with i960 and ip5000.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
What about a new printhead? For this printer it seems to be available, around 60-70 euros in Germany.
Sadly for my ip4000 they are out of stock and out of production, so that I have to look for refurbished... a matter of luck to get a good one..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Well, the cheapskate in me is winning out (at least until someone complains about speed / quality)... so I've changed the default, as suggested above, to matte print and all prints to the color printer are being done solely in CMY.

If / when I decide to abandon this process and printer, I'll just swap it out with one of the $39 referbs I have in the garage.