Canon i350 Problem

wstrick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon i350 printer. It worked fine for about a year until recently. Refilled the cartridges 5 or 6 times with no problem at all.Lately when I power it on I get 8 flashing orange blinks then one longer green, then 8 more orange etc...When I push the resume button the light turns to green and stays green, like the printer is ready to print, give it a print job an error message pops up saying the printhead is not installed, "Install Printhead and Click OK" Tried several times to reinstall the printhead with the same results.Also I've noticed on the Printer Status Monitor under the printer icon, instead of showing the cardridges with their ink levels, there is the word No. It seems to me the printer is not detecting the printhead or the cartridges. Anyone have any idea what this problem might be. Thanks

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
use a pencil eraser to clean the contacts of your printheads.

eugeniejoos

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. It ended with the message' waste tank full, please contact Canon'
what I did - reply :'the feltpad underneath has to been replaced - ask to your Canon distributor '
as i warzantee- The distribiutor sent the i 350 tot Canon-after 6 weeks came the response : 'the printer is missed somewhere- we give you a knew Conon Pixma 2000'
The fragile link seemes to be the 'waste tank'= the felt underneath the printer- I red womewhere on this side how to clean it, but it seemes complicated anywhere.

eugenie