Canon G3400 not going to service mode and error 50B

Maryam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3400
So my printer was going fine until i got it refilled and magenta color wasnt printing. I looked at youtube to see how to fix that problem (getting the air out of the tubes with a syringe) successfully did that but after this step it started giving me 50b error. I youtube-d again to fix it but my printer just wont go into service mode. Have i ruined my printer? Is there anything i can do to fix it at home or will i have to send it to service center?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Did you use the correct key sequence ?
When the printer is connected via USB (mandatory for the service tool, and the only printer in this case), watch the printer in the device manager. It will disconnect when in service mode.
Be sure to use an appropriate service tool (you will have to pay a few box for it), since previous (free) versions will block the access forever.

Good luck and report back so others can learn.

Maryam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3400
When the printer is connected via USB (mandatory for the service tool, and the only printer in this case), watch the printer in the device manager. It will disconnect when in service mode.
Be sure to use an appropriate service tool (you will have to pay a few box for it), since previous (free) versions will block the access forever.

Oh gosh. I didnt connect it via USB, I was using wifi connection. Let me try this and get back to you

Maryam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3400
Can
Oh gosh. I didnt connect it via USB, I was using wifi connection. Let me try this and get back to can you olease name some service tool that i can purchase

Maryam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3400

Ok so the update is that i cannot turn off the wifi of the printer. It just wont turn off. Any way to do that other than the standard method in the manual?

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Ok so the update is that i cannot turn off the wifi of the printer. It just wont turn off. Any way to do that other than the standard method in the manual?
You don't need to turn off wifi to make an USB connection.
You will see 2 printers on your PC. I suppose the service tool will connect to the USB one, if not you can delete the wifi printer.