Canon Epson or HP 4 CISS - DVD cover and prints

jakgeoff

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi folks
I have been using an Epson C45 and Alvacia CISS and was sure it must be a lousy printer I had. It's clapped out now ayway so I need a new printer and CISS. Since I found this great forum I realise my CISS might have been the problem, at least in part. I had constant clogging and banding after about a year of use and could never really get rif of it, even after lots of flushing. I have learned here that having constant pressure from the tanks seems to be very important to ensure a smooth flow of ink.

The system I bought here in Jakarta has none of that - just bottle and a tube to the heads - no pressure devices at all. http://www.alvacia.com/infus-english.php

As noted the system is made by Alvecia and I'm getting the impression they mght be a low end thing. Please have a look and let me know.

So I want to start again - afresh with a decent quality printer for A4 maybe A3/ DVD disk [dont need a fax or scanner - all covered] that is reliability and a CISS that is equally reliable without constant clogging or banding.

Printer maker is not the point, quality and reliability is.

I will use the combo for DVD disks and box covers as well as pics to hang on the wall. My kids will eat heartily into the ink so i want to be aware of ink costs too.

What do you guys advice. I would really appreciate your advice. This looks to be a fanstastic forum. Thx

jakgeoff

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is there someting wrong with my question.
I'd kill for some input

pls, pls