Canon BC-02 Filling

Danny Kiwi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Guys, My dear old Aunt has an old Canon SP1000,that has the Canon BC-01&02 Carts for black and BC-05 for the three color one.
Has anyone ever refilled the BC-02.and if they have is it as easy as the BC1-6 that my Pixma uses???
TX

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
BC-01/02 can be easily refilled by simply dropping ink from the big hole from the bottom. The cartridge has a small capacity so you can drop a couple of ml of ink each time. Use an injector such as a syringe for the task. Same can be applied to BC-05 too. But BC-05 has 3 tanks in one cartridge. Just need to be a little careful to inject the correct color of ink into the correct hole.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Big hole?? Are you thinking of a bci21/24?

BC01/2 carts = you will see a small round plug on one of the shorter sides, this will pull out very easily if you have a small screw to hand just to get a grip (it has a small hole to get hold of) i think they take between 15 and 20ml depending on the sponge some had hard sponges that took less some had a soft that took more.
With the 5's its the same principle but there are 3 chambers and 5ml per colour.

Usefull tip for dried cartridges - get some blue tack and make a small sausage, wrap it round the end of the syringe (with no needle) and pressureise the cartridge whilst hilding it print-head down over the sink, you should get a fine spray of ink. This forces out any dried ink in the head. With the colours when you do this, make sure you dab the head on some kitchen tissue between colours or you could get contamination of the colours.

Hold the cartridge the right way up and inspect for dripping at the head, if it does, remove about 3ml and check again.

Hope this heps,

D

Danny Kiwi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Wow great tip!!!!Seems as easy as my BCI-6Ys..
Thanks all