Canon accounting manager software on Apple Monterey for pro-1000

Ketil Wright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1000
I have recently acquired a new iMac running Monterey & installed all but one of the softwares from the Canon driver package. My "about this Mac" says it's 12.0.1
All is well, except for the accounting manager, which says it is not supported by the operating system. That happens when I try to run the package file in the disk image downloaded from Canon.

Does anyone know of any tricks to get this to work? If this is the 32/64 bit issue, I bet the problem exists on any apple OS post-Mojave.

Another aspect to this: It appears to me that the log which this software refers to resides on the printer. I say that since I am now printing only from the new iMac. The old iMac is still here, but off most of the time. Running the accounting manager on that machine (currently on High Sierra) displays jobs which were done from the new iMac. That raises the question of how big the memory on the pro-1000 is & do I risk overflowing it if I don't manage to get the accounting manager installed soon enough on the new iMac.

Best Regards

Ketil