Canon 9000 mark ii clog?

Billybob123

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 9000k mark ii
So first my green was clogged, everything else was perfect. I soaked in distilled water, windex, alcohol. Put her back in, now green prints perfect, but photo cyan was missing basically the middle 3rd. Top and bottom was still there. Did a second soak. Then bottom half was missing. Did a third soak and now i have about the top 1/4 left still printing.

So then i put a syringe on the ink inputs. Strangely all my colors have pretty strong resistance to fluid input from syringe. But the color thats clogged, has almost no resistance???? Why is fluid going in so easy, but its not printing? I even shot a bunch ink in, then through it into the printer didnt help at all. When shooting fluid in i watched bottom side, fluid comes out the entire print head for that color, if i squeeze fast enough. Otherwise seems to come out mostly one side.

Any ideas whats going on here?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Any ideas whats going on here?
It sounds like you’re not using your printer often enough to keep it in working condition, and the sad answer is the print head has had it, but you could print off a nozzle check and post here for a more definite answer to your print problem.. Sorry…

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
What's going on?. Probably a good number of nozzles were busted when you forced fluid through them with a syringe. It doesn't takes a very high pressure to destroy those supertiny resistors at the output of each nozzle.
Besides, when you soaked several times the printhead, if you didn't leave it dry totally before reinstalling it into the printer, the residual humidity inside might have short circuited some electronic circuits, hence the progressively missing parts of photo cyan in the nozzle checks.
Before seeing a picture of a nozzle check, I'd bet that this printhead is kaput after the ruthless "torture cleanings" that you did with the poor thing. No good news, sorry.