Canon 7D Mk II

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Sitting here, in our "moist" environment, the idea of having to be ready to run, should a fire come through, doesn't cross our minds. Newcomers must be at risk to so many things! You certainly have the fine detail in the image, I like the singed hair. The benefits of the 70-200, is it the 2.8 or 4? I think I would be tempted to remove the hammer, it doesn't readily come to mind as the source of the blur. Great picture.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Thanks for that, as i said you join a long ĺist wantiñg the hammer gone.....

The f2.8 only became available after I had bought the 'lesser' f4. Had use of the 'better' heavier lens around Kings Canyon....
Images not that much better and a burden to cart around both on and off the camera. Would be near back breaking mounted on my 5DII.
Last year the photographer who did my daughters wedding used just two lenses,
24-70 f2.8 L mkII and the 'lesser' f4 L.
His images were tack sharp even pixel peeping.........made me feel much better about sticking with f4.

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Emulator
How are you getting along with LR6. I am yet to upgrade, as Adobe do not auto upgrade my CCLr to the new version it seems.
I suspect there are wheels within wheels that I am missing. All these Software companies force users to squander usage credits with unjustified duplication of usage.
I would have thought that as I was Subscribing to CC LR I would be sweet, but no the devil is in the script I am Subscribing to CC LR 2014; V6 is called CC LR 2015 :he

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Devious lot, why make life difficult for the user?

I must say that LR6 does perform the editing process very well and easily, once you get through the training videos. Compared with Elements13 it is a quicker, more controllable process, with better results.

I am not really familiar with the earlier versions, so the value of the upgrade can only be based on web comments, but looks only marginal.

I am surprised at how good the sharpening and noise suppression is, prints come off the printer with noticeably better quality. The print facility in itself is better than most, with even and controlable margins; it does what you ask it to do, rather than force you to do what it thinks is right, like some others.

Glad I bought it.:)

Incidentally, I have found the 70-200 f4, works well with the x1.4 extender. The 4 stop image stabiliser does make a big difference.

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Really pleased you like it, I hated printing when I worked out of Photoshop alone and with V4 switched from Lr to PS to sharpen. With Lr5 switched to sharpen and print within Lr. Folks that have not experienced Lr before all seem to say the same things about these features. Frankly I don't bother how far each iteration goes, as long as they don't step backwards!!

Have not got an extender, but have got a 100-400 L. Its the old version push pull that was ok with a film camera, but is a dust demon with Digital. I am going to sell it, a 24mm f4 L Prime and the 100mm f2.8 Prime and convert the proceeds into a 24-70 f2.8 MkII sometime when I can get myself motivated:oops:
Agree that the IS really does compensate for the f2.8 in MOST situations, but then I don't do much Sport or Action.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
On a totally different topic, have you noticed the increasing number of feminine posts?
I am beginning to think we should change our avatars to "cuddly 3dogs" or "sexyemu" to get more favoured responses!:oops:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I am tempted to respond, and comment on the embarrasing, gushing, outpouring you are pointing at. Like you I am pleased to see this forum less dominated by fellas because it just was not representative of the photography community. Like you I cringe at the clumsy response.
I thought that a good photo was genderless and our participation here equally genderless.
I just hope the few are able to endure the putdown and grow in numbers and input.

Its really odd that you raised this now, I was thinking on the fact that female members posted a couple of times then went silent........I had thought that it may be that blokes seem to be more inclined to mess with printers and waffle on about what and how they achieved something. As a father of daughters my kids are more inclined to just do it and work on progressing their skills where I tend to get diverted into how I got there and progress slower as a result.

I am in hopes that no person takes offence at my words, that will be an unintended outcome.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Dove & Greenfinch2.jpg

Last edited:

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
1/400 f4.0 ISO320 55mm (EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS)
10/03/2010 15:05:08 CR2 EOS 7D Mk 1
Through the glass from armchair!

You were not quite right!:) Cheap and cheerful. Plus LR 6 magic, & PaintShopPro for lettering.

I think we need a photographic section in PK. Call it Photo Knowledge?

Last edited: